Hello, I'm Heather Christine
Heather Christine is poised to make her mark on Canada’s music scene. Both soulful and captivating, she is an award-winning artist who has sung for audiences of over 25,000. Heather Christine connects with audiences with her vivacious stage presence, expressive voice and engaging personality. She is the proud recipient of the Best New Artist Award presented by Mississauga Music in 2018.
Heather Christine’s 2019 debut release, Love in Colour garnered international recognition for its soulful blend of R&B, Jazz, and Pop. Within the first month of its release, Love in Colour rose to #1 on the Spanish Radio show Smooth Jazz Sitges (Radio 99.2FM Barcelona). In 2019, Heather also received a nomination for Album of the Year presented by the Mississauga Music Awards. Featuring her original compositions, songs from Love in Colour received airplay in Canada on Toronto’s JazzFM91, CIUT 89.5FM and on Wave 94.7.
In 2020, Heather Christine was a proud recipient of a Matchmaker Micro Grant from the Mississauga Arts Council which funded the release of her original Christmas song, Love at Christmastime featuring Jazz singer Donovan Locke. This catchy song received airplay rotation on 20 radio stations across Canada (including JazzFM91 & JazzCast) as well as radio play in the USA.
Also a seasoned theatrical performer, Heather Christine has toured extensively through Canada’s soft-seater theatre circuit performing as leading ladies Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn in Bill Culp’s Mainstage Musical Productions.
Heather Christine takes inspiration from her Great-Grandfather, Saxophonist and composer Jimmy Kerr, who performed with Jazz legends including Charlie Parker, Miles Davis and Dizzy Gillespie.
Heather was trained through the Royal Conservatory of Music under the expert tutelage of Soprano Eleanor Calbes. Heather Christine has appeared in many professional theatrical productions including Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (Livent), Footloose (Stage West Calgary) & Tropicale (Canada’s Wonderland). She is the proud recipient of a 2001 Mississauga Arts Award and 2018 Mississauga Music Award (Best New Artist).
Heather Christine also performs regularly with her partner in life and music, Matt Zaddy as their duo, River North. She also proudly sits on the Board of Directors for Mississauga Music, a community based music organization in the City of Mississauga.
- 2019 Mississauga Music award nominee for Best Album “Love in Colour”
- 2019 National radio play of the single We Could Be Lovers on JazzFM 91, CIUT 89.5FM & internationally on 99.2FM in Barcelona, Spain
- 2019 featured performer at Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square (audience of 25,000)
- 2019 featured performer at Bobcaygeon Summer Concert Series, Mississauga Port Credit Summer Concert Series, Bloor Yorkville BIA Summer Concert Series and Mississauga Small Arm Society’s 75th Anniversary Celebration.
- 2018 Winner of the Mississauga Music Award for Best New Artist
- 2016-2018 Provincial Touring as leading lady Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn in Bill Culp’s Mainstage Musical Theatre Productions Only Yesterday & Patsy Cline & the Queens of Country. Over 30 mainstage performances at venues including Midland Cultural Centre, London’s Aeolian Hall, Huntsville Algonquin Theatre, Newmarket Theatre, John Elliott Theatre Halton Hills etc.
- Co-writer of the song We Are The North, Mississauga’s 2017 official summer song for its #Canada150 Celebrations
- National Touring in 2017 with Canadian Recording Artist Matt Zaddy (Eastern Canada)
- 2017 Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square with K’Naan
- 2016 Featured Performer at Collingwood Elvis Festival (audience of 8,000)