Hello, I'm Heather Christine
Heather Christine is poised to make her mark on Canada’s music scene. The soulful and authentic artist has dazzled audiences of over 20,000 with her vivacious stage presence, emotional connection, expressive voice and engaging personality. Heather Christine has worked professionally for over 15 years as a vocalist, actress, songwriter and dancer.
Heather’s debut release, ‘Love in Colour’, is an eclectic blend of original R&B, Jazz, and Pop music. One month after its release, the album was named #1 on Spain’s Smooth Jazz Sitges Program (broadcast on Radio 99.2 FM in Barcelona). Featuring Heather’s original compositions, the album was nominated for a 2019 Mississauga Music Award for “Best Album”. Love in Colour spotlights leading Canadian Jazz musicians including Mark Kelso, Collin Barrett, Anthony Panacci, and John Johnson. Love in Colour can be heard on radio stations including Jazz FM91.1, CIUT 89.5 FM, Wave 947 and Smooth Jazz Boston Radio.
Also a musical theatre actress, Heather Christine toured extensively from 2016 to 2018 as a leading lady paying tribute to musical icons including Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn in Bill Culp’s Musical Productions Only Yesterday and Patsy Cline and the Queens of Country.
Music definitely runs in Heather’s family. She takes inspiration from her Great-Grandfather, notable Jazz Musician Jimmy Kerr, an accomplished Saxophonist, Clarinetist and Composer. Jimmy performed with the likes of Miles Davis, Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie.
Heather was trained classically through the Royal Conservatory of Music under the expert direction of legendary Soprano Eleanor Calbes. She has performed since childhood and has enjoyed appearing in numerous professional productions such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (Elgin Theatre), Footloose (Stage West Calgary), and Tropicale (Canada’s Wonderland). For the past 10 years she performed as a frequent soloist with Windmill Theatre Productions, appearing in over 50 concerts. She has performed live on Breakfast Television, Global TV, Rogers TV and many other notable Canadian media outlets. Heather is also the proud recipient of the 2001 Mississauga Arts Award for Emerging Theatre, and a 2018 Mississauga Music Award for Best New Artist.
Heather is now living her dream, performing as a featured soloist and bandleader at major stages and festivals across the Toronto area, including Mel Lastman’s Square, the Collingwood Elvis Festival, Mississauga Celebration Square, Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre and Fort York. Heather performs as a solo artist, and can also be seen singing regularly in the duo River North, featuring her partner in music and in life, singer songwriter Matt Zaddy.
- 2019 Mississauga Music award nominee for Best Album “Love in Colour”
- 2019 National radio play of the single We Could Be Lovers on JazzFM 91, CIUT 89.5FM & internationally on 99.2FM in Barcelona, Spain
- 2019 featured performer at Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square (audience of 25,000)
- 2019 featured performer at Bobcaygeon Summer Concert Series, Mississauga Port Credit Summer Concert Series, Bloor Yorkville BIA Summer Concert Series and Mississauga Small Arm Society’s 75th Anniversary Celebration.
- 2018 Winner of the Mississauga Music Award for Best New Artist
- 2016-2018 Provincial Touring as leading lady Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn in Bill Culp’s Mainstage Musical Theatre Productions Only Yesterday & Patsy Cline & the Queens of Country. Over 30 mainstage performances at venues including Midland Cultural Centre, London’s Aeolian Hall, Huntsville Algonquin Theatre, Newmarket Theatre, John Elliott Theatre Halton Hills etc.
- Co-writer of the song We Are The North, Mississauga’s 2017 official summer song for its #Canada150 Celebrations
- National Touring in 2017 with Canadian Recording Artist Matt Zaddy (Eastern Canada)
- 2017 Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square with K’Naan
- 2016 Featured Performer at Collingwood Elvis Festival (audience of 8,000)