Hello, I'm Heather Christine
Heather Christine is an award-winning singer, songwriter, entertainer and recording artist from Mississauga, Ontario. Since the age of 6, she was enamored with music and grew up performing in Mississauga’s diverse arts and cultural scene. These rich formative experiences fostered Heather’s growth into the dynamic entertainer who has performed for audiences as large as 25,000. With her engaging personality, Heather connects with the hearts of music lovers with her vivacious stage presence, expressive voice and comedic nature.
Now a full-time artist, Heather performs over 150 engagements a year as a soloist and bandleader. Her sound blends elements of Jazz with Pop, Soul and World Music. Her soulful vocals can be heard singing lyrics in English, Spanish, Italian and French.
As a recording artist, Heather’s music has received radio play on 20 radio stations across Canada (including JazzFM91 in Toronto) as well as radio play in the USA.
Her 2019 debut release, Love in Colour garnered international recognition for its soulful blend of R&B, Jazz, and Pop. Featuring Heather’s compositions, within the first month of its release, Love in Colour rose to #1 on the Spanish Radio show Smooth Jazz Sitges (Radio 99.2FM Barcelona).
Also a seasoned theatrical performer, Heather Christine has toured extensively through Canada’s soft-seater theatre circuit performing as music icons Karen Carpenter and Patsy Cline in Bill Culp’s Mainstage Musical Productions.
During the Pandemic, Heather was honoured to host Arts Café, an online, monthly music showcase in collaboration with the Mississauga Arts Council. This program featured over 100 artists and reached thousands of viewers across Canada.
In addition to her work as a soloist, Heather performs frequently with her partner in life and music, Matt Zaddy as their duo, River North.
Heather is the proud recipient of the Best New Artist Award presented by Mississauga Music in 2018. She is a dedicated community advocate and is committed to empowering Canada’s next generation of artists.
- 2021 MARTY Award Nominee for “Best Vocalist”
- 2019 Mississauga Music award nominee for Best Album “Love in Colour”
- 2019 National radio play of the single We Could Be Lovers on JazzFM 91, CIUT 89.5FM & internationally on 99.2FM in Barcelona, Spain
- 2019 featured performer at Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square (audience of 25,000)
- 2019 featured performer at Bobcaygeon Summer Concert Series, Mississauga Port Credit Summer Concert Series, Bloor Yorkville BIA Summer Concert Series and Mississauga Small Arm Society’s 75th Anniversary Celebration.
- 2018 Winner of the Mississauga Music Award for Best New Artist
- 2016-2018 Provincial Touring as leading lady Karen Carpenter, Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn in Bill Culp’s Mainstage Musical Theatre Productions Only Yesterday & Patsy Cline & the Queens of Country. Over 30 mainstage performances at venues including Midland Cultural Centre, London’s Aeolian Hall, Huntsville Algonquin Theatre, Newmarket Theatre, John Elliott Theatre Halton Hills etc.
- Co-writer of the song We Are The North, Mississauga’s 2017 official summer song for its #Canada150 Celebrations
- National Touring in 2017 with Canadian Recording Artist Matt Zaddy (Eastern Canada)
- 2017 Canada Day Celebrations at Mississauga Celebration Square with K’Naan
- 2016 Featured Performer at Collingwood Elvis Festival (audience of 8,000)
“Thank you for an amazing performance yesterday. Everyone loved it and keep talking about it. You rock!” – Brayan Martinez | Wellness Supervisor
“Heather was incredible! Not only such a wonderful entertainer, but SO very kind and warm. Our residents LOVED her show” – Kayla Culbert, Life Enrichment Coordinator
“Awesome performance!” Corey Poole, City of Mississauga Music Office
“Such a pleasure meeting you at Showplace Performance Centre in Peterborough. Thanks for a great night of music. Cheers!” – Wayne Bonner
“Thank you Heather. You are an inspirational figure.” – Mike Douglas, Executive Director, Mississauga Arts Council